The Irving Stage Company is one of the oldest theatre groups in Suffolk and celebrated its 60th anniversary in 2019. It was formed in 1959 as The Irving Club by a group of enthusiasts anxious to present high quality theatre. We now perform primarily at the Theatre Royal, Bury St Edmunds – the country’s only surviving working Regency playhouse, which marked its 200th anniversary in 2019.
Our 2020/2021 programme:
- Chicago by Kander and Ebb – from 31 March to 4 April 2020
- Abigail’s Party by Mike Leigh from 30 June to 4 July 2020
- Company by Stephen Sondheim from 10 to 14 November 2020
- Hello Dolly! – Spring 2021
- Play TBC – summer 2021
- Singing in the Rain – Autumn 2021